Tour 3 — Skookumchuck Narrows Hike and Gourmet Pizza at Halfmoon Bay
Skookumchuck Narrows is the name given to the body of seawater that rushes between Sechelt Inlet and the Agamemmon Channel of the Georgia Strait. At Best Viewing times, the difference in water levels between the two sides can be as much as 2 metres, and creates one of the highest tidal rapids in the world. The flood or ebb of water that can exceed speeds of 25kmph.
The 60 minute drive to the Egmont trail head passes through some spectacular Sunshine Coast scenery. Our hike will be timed to suit the Best Viewing times, which vary throughout the year.
The trail to Roland Point is relatively easy, through stunning second growth rainforest, and takes about 75 minutes. Hopefully we'll get to see some extreme white water kayakers playing in the surf. Seals and eagles are common sightings.
Finish the tour with gourmet pizza served at the Halfmoon Bay Café in Halfmoon Bay, enjoying the stunning scenery from the pier, a short 5 minute walk from the café. Our return drive will include scenic Redrooffs Road, with brief stops at Coopers Green Park and Sargeants Bay.
- Vehicle transportation to/from Up The Creek to Skookumchuck (60 mins each way)
- Guided 75 minute hike (each way) to view-point.
- Snacks and drinks at ocean view-point
- 45 minute break for pizza at Halfmoon Bay
- Applicable taxes
- Drinking water for hike
- Food costs at Halfmoon Bay
- Minimum three persons
- Departs every Thursday throughout high season, times to suit Best Viewing times, or any day by special arrangement.
- Sturdy footwear and rain jacket needed.
- The road to Egmont is very twisty, so please take road sickness medication if needed.
- Rates subject to change
- $5 surcharge to non-UTC guests, pick up by arrangement
Tour price $60 per person
Please call, email, or use the online form to book your Tour.